First steps

My goal this year is differentiation and creating more independent workers.  As I start planning my first big DI unit, I wanted to try something on a smaller scale first 😉

I took my first steps this week. I wrote up an “instruction sheet” on the Roman achievement – about two days worth of independent/partner work that could be self directed.

While students were working, I conferenced and rotated pairs of students through an activity on my promethean board.

Reflections:

It was amazing conferencing with students. It will take me two days to actually “conference” with students though.

I would like to have more than one activity to rotate students through, and it doesn’t have to be technology.

I think I would prefer one day whole class/one day independent work. That would allow me two days to actually conference with all of the kids.

This was just a trial run – I’ll use these thoughts in designing my first unit!

Advertisements

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: